Friday, January 2, 2015

Welcome!

Happy 2015!

My name is Cortney Hoese and I am an IT Manager for a Fortune 100 company. What's unique about that? Maybe not much.

However, I lead my team from my home. I've been working full time from the comfort of my home office for 1.5 years (and part-time for about another year prior), and the majority of my team is remote as well.

The industry is moving this way. Moving to be "location independent". Yet, many other firms (yes, you, Yahoo!) have moved in the opposite direction.

How do you succeed when you work remote? How do you lead a remote team? My goal with this blog is to help you answer these questions based on my real-world experience.

Work at home is not for everyone. But it can be for more people if you know what you are getting into and are willing to put in some extra effort. I hope this blog offers you some tips to make your adventure successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment