Monday, August 6, 2018

Peace in your Workspace


One of the major benefits of working from home is having your very own office space that you can situation exactly how you want. No office rules. No judgements. (Being mindful that you still need to observe HR rules for some things, especially if they might show up on camera!! No nudie posters behind your chair!!) I’ve written before about how to use paint colors and other office decorating tips to your advantage but want to focus on how you can incorporate peace and tranquility, maybe some magic, into that space as well.

Let’s run down what I have in my space:
  • A diffuser (along with an entire collection of essential oils) – To use aromatherapy to help with motivation, concentration, eliminating headaches, or just making my space smell good.
  • Other essential oils – I have multiple rollerballs within arms reach for motivation, tension, tuning in, etc. that I can apply topically for the boost or help I need.
  • A salt lamp – I love the soft light it provides, plus there are multiple benefits such as improving mood, reducing stress, increasing energy, helping with seasonal affective disorder, and more.
  • Crystals – Specifically citrine (attracts wealth and prosperity, helps you achieve goals), amethyst (brings stability, peace, and balance, plus helps healing with things like headaches), and clear quartz (amplifies energy and thought, promotes creativity).
  • Crystal Chakra Suncatcher – Refracts beautiful rainbows reminding me of the wonders of nature and the fun of life. Plus, it brings back fond memories of playing with the suncatcher at my Grandma’s house as a kid.
  • Chakra Stones – Heart-shaped, colored for chakra, used in meditation and mindful awareness
  • Journal – To get thoughts out of my head to clear them away, or to provoke inner exploration. I try to journal a little each day, usually before work, but each day is unique. Somedays have prompts, somedays are just about releasing.
  • Cell Phone – This may sound funny, but it’s where I have my guided meditation app, along with my goal tracker, and other related utilities.

I’m sure there’s more, but you get the idea. Now, you may be thinking you are walking into the office of a hippie, and you might be, but I would bet that you actually wouldn’t pick up on too much of these things. They aren’t in your face. And of course, they are in competition with my desk, my electronics, my easy chair, etc. So, they are here, but they are subtle.

All of these things help me raise my vibrations to perform better each day. There’s wise convention in both Eastern and Western interpretations of the world, and my office is the perfect balance of both.

Since you now work at home, you can consider working similar “alternative” support into your office. With more space and less judgement, you are free to explore and open your mind to alternatives. It doesn’t have to be everything, but maybe pick one thing you’ve been interested in and see how you like it. See if it helps, which I’m betting it will. Use your office as a way to give you competitive edge and increase your inner peace.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment