Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow Day

Our local offices are closed today due to snow. Many of my work-at-home colleagues are bummed that they don't get the traditional "Snow Day". I get it... who wouldn't want the equivalent of a free vacation day? Sleep in, stay in your PJ's, watch trashy TV. It's almost nostalgic.

But I look at the Snow Day as a gift in a different sense. I'm thankful that I didn't have to listen to the weather this morning to determine if I was going to the office. Or worse, have it NOT be a snow day and have to drive in that mess! I'm thankful that every day I get to avoid traffic, not just on snow days. I'm thankful that I don't have to wear 7 layers of clothes to walk from my car to the office building. With the upcoming -30 wind chills later this week, those couple of city blocks are brutal!

Snow days for me are a gift. They remind me of how lucky I am to work from home. And, when the rest of the office is shoveling their driveway or making snowmen, I'm happy to be working without interruption and get a little caught up for a change. When they come back to work, they will feel days behind, and I'll feel a little ahead of the game.

Snow days help level the playing field, at least for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment